Friday, December 2, 2011

Internet crushing

I have a new internet crush. I met him yesterday. He's from NYC. I think. He lived there for a time, at least.  He doesn't wear a shirt much, but he makes a badass balcony container garden. I am in love inspired.

I hate buying vegetables with the hope that I will be motivated enough, or have enough time, to cook, only to revisit their withered corpses in the crisper drawer weeks later. Same goes for lettuce. Good intentions turn into gooey lettuce. And then the trash smells. It's a whole ordeal, really. One that I'd rather avoid...by being awesome and growing my own food, which I can harvest on an as-needed/eaten basis. I received an Aerogarden this last summer, which has created Basil Explosion 2011. I'd love to grow some cilantro and thyme, too.

My new internet crush has an awesome tutorial on constructing DIY self-watering containers for your garden. I would like to attempt these sometime soon. I recently procured three broccoli plants from my dad, and I'd kinda like to try my hand at them. (Especially, since my carrots failed miserably last fall).

I'd also like to experiment with vermicomposting. There's a "worm ranch" in the area that sells red wrigglers and composting kits.

I'm thinking I'm going to use this blog to sort out my ideas and plans for now, and then update with my progress, failures, and insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment