Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Little Things - Part 1

It's been sooo long since I've last posted. It's also been a supremely busy semester at work, home and school.

Well, let's see what's been going on:

Scott and I decided to try to buy a house. We both have definitely learned a lot about houses and about ourselves (and have been humbled in the process). We found one we really loved, but got out-invested at the last minute. I say out-invested, not out-bid, since we offered more, but the other guy offered cash, as-is. Cash is King, apparently. We're back again at square-one. Yay.

My graduate lab successfully hosted our 4th annual conference, the Art and Science of Animal Training. It was amazing as usual. I really wish I hadn't been preoccupied with housing stuff, or I might have absorbed a little bit more. Conference weekend is always extremely fast-paced and full of so much information, that it take a few weeks to reflect on what you learned and pick out the points that mean the most to you.

Scott's friends got married on St. Patrick's Day.

I somehow managed to volunteer myself to help plan the zoo's Earth Day celebration, called Party for the Planet (P4P). It's a 2-day shindig during Earth Day weekend in April. I am managing Sunday's festivities after a 24-hour trip to Houston/Montgomery for a friend's wedding the day before.

One of my oldest friends is getting married!! Her family moved in down the street when I was in first grade. She was one of the only kids my age in my neighborhood. We grew up exploring the woods and pasture behind our houses and shared a passion for art and animals. We really didn't get to hang out that much after she graduated high school, but we ended up at A&M together and got to hang out a few times. I was so happy to see her and her fiance two-step at our wedding. I am SO excited to see them get married.

I'm going to be a (fairy) god-mother to Baby Mac (my niece)! That's going down in May.

Steph, Scott and I are going to BONNAROOOOOOO in June!

Oh, and I started a brand new thesis project last week! The good news is that it should be a much cleaner project, and I don't have to backcode a year's worth of data.

A lot of little things going on, and time is flying by so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment